Saturday, August 21, 2010

Will the effectivness of my birth control be affected if i dont take it at the same time everyday?

i have a buisy schedual. And i dont always take my birth control at the same time every day. Will i still be protected from pregnancy?Will the effectivness of my birth control be affected if i dont take it at the same time everyday?
If you take it within 2 or 3 hours it ';supposedly'; shows the same effectiveness, my doc said try to keep it within 3 hours and it has always been effective. Also my doc said to take it before right before you go to bed, it usually helps keep it within that three hour window...but honestly, occaisionally I forget mine for 7 hours (and take it in the morning) and it has still been effective but I know that is pushing it.Will the effectivness of my birth control be affected if i dont take it at the same time everyday?
You should take it roughly within 45 minutes of the time you usually take it. To be on the safe side, take it slightly earlier (not later) than the day before if you are usually forgetful. I havent had any problems, but I think they advise the same time everyday, so there is no chance of an egg being released. Try setting an alarm on your cell phone and keeping your pills close at hand, in your purse.
You're supposed to take it around the same time every day - I take mine when I brush my teeth at night so I remember. It's easiest when you associate it with an event - brushing your teeth, eating breakfast, etc. I think as long as you're within a few hours, you should be fine - but as always - ask your doc if you're not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment