Tuesday, August 24, 2010

IS it safe for me to use a straightening perm to control the friz and volume?

Please note that I am a latina with wavy hair and that it is already dry and a little bit hard with only a little bit of kinkness. It is a little Kinky but I am not sure if using a stng perm that is sold for creole hair (Kinky, Afro)will work for me or if it will damage it worst. I still need to get it relaxed a bit and a little straigter to use loose but I don't want to spend too much.IS it safe for me to use a straightening perm to control the friz and volume?
This is called ';texturizing';. You can buy a mild relaxer then apply it to all your hair BUT only keep it on for 3-5 minutes. Then completely rinse it out.





This method should help cut back on your frizz and leave it with slightly less wave than you have naturally.





The drawback is it may be a little less soft than what it is now. So you may have to choose between keeping it the way it is now (frizzy, but somewhat soft) or less frizzy, but a little more coarse from the relaxer.





One thing to keep in mind: It's not a good idea to do this if your hair has already been chemically treated recently (color, perm or relaxer). Good luck!





Added: There is one other thing you might want to try first ... Wash your hair no less than 2-3 times a week and use CONDITIONER as if it were shampoo. It will exfoliate your scalp (so it does clean it!) without the harsh detergent of shampoo, which actually dries it out and adds frizziness. Then you condition your hair as normal.





The results of this method are amazing. Within 2 weeks most curly-heads will end up with soft ringlets and waves, and wavies end up with softer, well-defined waves. And both types end up with greatly reduced frizz. I do this myself and it works amazingly well.IS it safe for me to use a straightening perm to control the friz and volume?
It is safe to perm it for the kinkiness but im not sure that it would do much for the frizz! you might want to go to like sally's beauty supply and ask whats best for frizz .
I think straintening perms (relaxers) came be damaging to anyone's hair, especially if your is already dry and brittle. I don't use relaxers on my hair anymore. If your hair is wavy, you really don't need a relaxer. Try different shampoos and blow dry it straight with a round metal brush. There's lots of different products you can use. I wouldn't recommend using a perm
As long as the straighter is a ceramic your fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment