Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it true that someone can become infertile after being on the birth control pill?

Well a lot of people say that you can become infertile when you have been on the pill, some even for 6 months. Can you guys tell me about your experiences or experiences of people you know?Is it true that someone can become infertile after being on the birth control pill?
It's not considered 'infertile' but birth control can appear to stay in your system even after going off of it.


Some women take a day, some take a year before they can become pregnant again.





It's different for everyone. It depends on how quickly your cycles/ovulation return to normal. Just be sure to keep track of your ovulation and time sex accordingly.


You want to be sure you have sex prior to ovulation, as well as the day of. The 3 days before ovulation are your most fertile days and you are at your peak fertility the day before and the day of ovulation.





You can have a gyn exam to make sure the fallopian tubes are free of fibrous build up.Is it true that someone can become infertile after being on the birth control pill?
No, oral birth control should not effect fertility at all. I was on birth control for almost 9 years straight (I was on the depo shot for the first three months, but switched to oral birth control because I didn't like the side effects of the shot) and got pregnant literally the very first month after coming off the pill.
Everyone body is different I was on Depo first then switched to the pill and I stop taking my pills in December 2008 I became pregnant in March 1,2009. So I mean what 3 month different and I have friends that stop there pills and became pregnant immediately. So it honestly depends on your body.
My aunt took birth control for only a couple of years and she had a hard time getting pregnant at first, but now she has three beautiful babies, I think it just takes longer for your egg to release after so long of not being released.
I have heard of that but I don't know how accurate it is

No comments:

Post a Comment