Friday, August 6, 2010

Is it okay to use an IUD as away of birth control if I have never been pregnant before?

I am using an IUD and have never had children. When I talked to my doctor, he said it was okay. I tried looking online but some websites say that it is okay some say it is not. In addition, many people have told me that they have heard that it is not okay if you have never been pregnant. I am a little confused and worried now, worried that I might never be able to have children.Is it okay to use an IUD as away of birth control if I have never been pregnant before?
I currently have the Mirena IUD and I have not have children. The reason doctors recommend that you have children before you have the IUD inserted is because of insertion. It will help make insertion less painful for one and two there are less chances of the IUD being expelled from you uterus because your body does not recommend a foreign object in your uterus and three they also say that they would like the person to be in a long-term committed relationship.





The IUD insertion is very painful for a person who has not have children @ least it was for me. They first have to measure your uterus so that during inserting the IUD they do not puncture your uterus wall. THen they have to put the IUD inside the uterus and it's very painful (very very painful) and then the following hours after having an IUD inserted is painful too. I was on 800mg of Ibprophen. That's why they recommend women who have children when it comes to the IUD.





There are chances that will damage your uterus, but I don't think it prevents a person from having children. In 2011 when I take my IUD out then I'm sure I can get pregnant within a year or two.Is it okay to use an IUD as away of birth control if I have never been pregnant before?
IUD is safe wether or not you have had a child it does not prevent you from having children in the future. It keeps your uterus irritated so that no eggs are deposited in the lining it does not prevent you from ovulating . Unlike hormones which trick your body. If I had it to do again I would have used an IUD. Good luck
well you CAN use an IUD, but its not recomened if you havent had kids yet. if you plan to have children in the furture dont use an IUD. since its a device that goes inside of your uterus it will cause some bleeding and it may damage your uterus. if the uterus is damaged then...well....no babies. so if you havnt had kids yet but plan to in the future DONT use an IUD. your doctor should have told you that.
Listen to SWEET she knows what she is talking about.





I am a Mirena user also but I have had kids.
g

No comments:

Post a Comment