Saturday, August 21, 2010

How long did it take most of you ladies to get pregnant after you got off birth control pills?

I am on a low estrogen pill, and have been for a year, I had a problem with the 7/7/7 Ortho-Novum. Anyway, I am considering getting pregnant in the spring preferably during May or June. Does anyone know how long it would take to get pregnant after going off the Pill?How long did it take most of you ladies to get pregnant after you got off birth control pills?
Ummm, I got pregnant on the pill. I know several people who got pregnant right away after they stopped taking it. It just depends on your body.How long did it take most of you ladies to get pregnant after you got off birth control pills?
Well, everyone is different. It is possible to get pregnant as soon as you stop taking them. That's what happened with our daughter...I stopped taking them and one month later was preggo. We are trying again now and I stopped taking them 2 months ago and didn't get pregnant last month and won't know if I'm preggo or not until next week, but if not we'll just keep trying. They say it is normal for a healthy couple to take up to a year to get pregnant. Good luck!
Back in the stone age, when birth control pills were fairly new, I took them for about 2 years and it took me about 6 months to get pregnant. But that is not true for everyone. Some people take quite a while to get pregnant.
With my first I was on bc for 4 years went off took us 8 months to concieve...after I had her I went back on bc and went off in June and still nothing so 4 months with no luck so far...but it's different for everyone...
It can take a few months. Some people were able to get pregnant right away.





If you are trying for 6 months or more contact your doctor.
It is possible to get pregnancy during the first month after you're done with birth control. The hormones only stay in your system for a limited amount of time, so you might ovulate during your first cycle off the pill.





My doctor actually told me that a woman is more fertile the first 6 months off of the pill.
I am no doc so don't quote.. but I think some time between 1-3 months.. But you sould really ask a doc b/c if you get pregnant too early after stopping it can cause problems/abnormalities w/the pregnancy..
I have been off the pill for 1 and a half years, It can take time to get pregnant and not due to being to the pill can delay getting pregnant.
I was on the pill for a year (seasonale), stopped in June, did not start trying until September and now I am with child, best of luck to you =)
It took me 1 month. (everybody is different though)..but I'll tell you doctors recommend you should be off it for 2 to 3 months before you start trying. May be why I had some bleeding during the first couple months of my pregnancy...but I'm not sure. I just know I will wait longer next time. Good Luck and God Bless.
My son and daughter were both conceived within 4 weeks of going off the pill. This was 6 1/2 years appart and the 2nd after being on the pill for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment