Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can I take birth control on the week im supposed to have my period? Is it bad if i do?

I'm going to be going on vacation and it lands on the week im supposed to have my period, and i really dont want to be on it! Is it safe to take birth control on the week that im supposed to be on my period just that one time?Can I take birth control on the week im supposed to have my period? Is it bad if i do?
It may not be recommended with the brand of pill you are taking but a lot of women take birth control for 3 straight months with out taking the placebo pills to keep from having their periods. I would suggest just running it by your doctor to be sure it's safe with the type of pill you are taking.





Good luck and have fun!Can I take birth control on the week im supposed to have my period? Is it bad if i do?
As far as I know it's safe, I have done it before, just dont do it every month. You might spot a little bit still so bring some lightdays just in case.
I have done it before for my anniversary vacation I think it should be o.k with the pills I took the nuva ring and exacly 20 days after my trip I was in the hospital I was bleeding excessively and the clots were about 6 inches wide the pain was absolutely horrible.. it was a really messy situation..I would talk to your doctor because I only know of my situation with the nuva ring I wouldnt suggest you use that but thats my experiance
go right ahead. i took birth control for yrs. it wont harm u but, be careful about missing a dose on ur vaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment