Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What makes a good quality control inspector? I've just started the position, and it's a manufactoring job.

Just started position for manufactoring company. Wanted to know, how do i impress my new employers, and stay busy!What makes a good quality control inspector? I've just started the position, and it's a manufactoring job.
As a former materials manager and purchasing manager who has had my share of interactions with QC I would suggest quickly learning the products and processes. this will allow you to determine the critical tolerances and processes and watch them closely.





Ask questions listen to the people who really do the work, and most of all don't act like an authority on everything (its a trap many QC types fall into)





I assume you are using some type of statistical control, make sure its on the up and up. Face time, openness and integrity are probably the most important factors early on.





Good luck and remember you can not inspect quality into a product you can only achieve quality by improving the process and you are an intergral part of that loopWhat makes a good quality control inspector? I've just started the position, and it's a manufactoring job.
I agree with the first guy. But adding another thing that will be over the top. Show people what is wrong. Help them understand why it is wrong and correct the system. It is a lot easier just to reject the bad parts. But the real important part of inspection is finding the problem and correcting it which solve the problem later.

No comments:

Post a Comment