Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it okay to take the birth control pill later than told to?

Let me give it to you in numbers: My period started June 27th and ended July 3... My appointment was July 11th I took the pill Sunday July 15th... I was told by my doctor to start my very first pill on Sunday. But I did not know if she meant the Sunday that was coming up or the Sunday that everything I have been reading tells me to (the Sunday after my period starts) (This would have meant waiting till the next month). So since I started the pill the Sunday that was coming up, am I in trouble? Someone told me it was okay because my body would get adjusted to this. What do I do if it is not okay?Is it okay to take the birth control pill later than told to?
That's fine.





There are two reasons to start on the first Sunday after the start of your period. The first is to make sure that you aren't pregnant, and the second is so that your next period would be when you would have expected your next one anyway.





If you know that you aren't pregnant, and don't care that your next period won't be until you get to the sugar pills of the pill, then you can start any time you like.Is it okay to take the birth control pill later than told to?
talk to your doctor and make sure of what she said..
You can start taking the pill whenever you please... just note that it takes a full seven days for it to kick in. If you want to be protected immediately after you take the pill, they recommend that you start on the first Sunday after your period. If you started a week or more after your period, you may not be fully protected. Use a back up method, such as a condom until you've been on the pill for a full 7 days! Hope this helps :)
Just start the pill whenever. There is no point to trying to synchronize your period and the fact is the sooner you start it the sooner you'll be protected against unwanted pregnancy (but NOT diseases!!!).





You will not be harmed by starting it too soon. A lot of time, energy, myth, and worry is generated by this question. Just go ahead and start it on any day you want, take it at the same time every day, and you'll do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment