Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My anxiety can get really bad, how can I control it?

Hi





I am going to uni today (Moving out of home) I am not going far only a couple of hrs away but I do get homesick easily, and anxious, my anxiety sometimes becomes very powerful and tells me that something could happen to my family and I won't be able to get in contact with them while I am away.





How can I stop this feeling so extreme and help put it in perspective when I am away at uni.





thanks xxMy anxiety can get really bad, how can I control it?
there is no way to fight it off.





just communicate with them a lot initially,





and you will get used to itMy anxiety can get really bad, how can I control it?
It kind of sounds like you don't have normal anxiety, but possibly you could have OCD. Sometimes people with OCD have something called ';magical thinking';





They might worry that, for example, that, if they leave the house, it will catch on fire even though they know everything is off. Or if they touch the doorknob with the wrong hand, something bad will happen to someone they love.





Of course they know this isn't really the case but the anxiety generated by this is often so overwhelming that they give into it.





The proper treatment for OCD is cognitive behavioral therapy, often combined with medication of the SSRI class, like Prozac, or Zoloft, or of the tricyclic class like Tofranil or Anafranil.





Now I'm going to tell you something that I've told many people with OCD.





If you leave the house, yes, it could somehow catch on fire and burn down. If you touch the doorknob with the wrong hand, yes, someone you love could get hurt....purely by chance alone and not actually because you left the house or touched the doorknob with the wrong hand.





The point is,sometimes the things we fear will happen happen. That is the reality of life, unfortunately. If it's going to happen it's going to happen and usually has nothing to do with anything you did. You just need to accept that bad things happen sometimes and realize it usually isn't because of you.
make friends --get involved with voluntary work ---hypnotherapy maybe
If you arent completely against it, you should take up smoking. Its helped control my anxiety big time
The same thing happened to me when I lived far away from my family. Every time you feel really anxious and miss them just call them. That's what I did. I'd call my mom like twice a day just to make sure everything was ok at home. After a while you'll start to feel better when you realize they're fine.
  • natural cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment