Friday, August 6, 2010

Does it matter what day of the month you start birth control, even if its not the week of your period?

Does it matter what day of the month you start birth control, even if its not the week of your period? (Loestrin 24)Does it matter what day of the month you start birth control, even if its not the week of your period?
I've been on this pill before and as far as I know, you have a choice of which day to start taking your first pack of Loestrin 24. It's probably best to discuss this with your doctor to decide which is the best day for you. Pick a time of day that will be easy to remember.





You can either start on day 1 of your period (this is how I used Loestrin 24 when I first started taking it) or you can start on Sunday. Note though that starting on a Sunday may result in your period falling on a weekend. If this is a concern, ask your doctor for advice on the best day to start in order to avoid this possibility.





Also remember that if you have sex anytime during the first 7 days of starting to take Loestrin 24, be sure to use a backup method of birth control, such as condoms or spermicide, for those 7 days.





Good luck, I hope this helps you out. :)Does it matter what day of the month you start birth control, even if its not the week of your period?
Not really.





For me, I didn't start using it for preventing pregnancy (to stop bleeding and to regulate periods) so I did not start them when the instructions say.





You can start them two days before you would like to have your period. For example, I start my packs on a Friday so that my periods will start on a Sundays.





I have PCOS so I don't have ';real'; periods.
I agree with Tara662. I also have PCOS so I don't have ';real'; periods, so I just had to start it whenever. I just figured I couldn't wait until I had a ';real'; one so I could drink the pill on day 5 of my cycle.... Sometimes it takes a YEAR and a HALF for me to get a ';real'; one, imagine me waiting that long lol.





Doesn't matter!





Good luck!
I'm taking birth control for the first time and they told me that it doesnt really matter. They said the best way to start is do a ';sunday start';. Just wait until sunday and start taking it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment